mardi 17 janvier 2012

Scroll Carving - Second turn and eye.


Once I was happy with my first turn, making sure the symmetry was as good as my eye could tell, I carried out the carving of the second turn. At that point I find it usually necessary to improve the face view as I go along. This has to be done just by eye - templates can't help me there.
 There is then a lot of work to be done around the button of the head in order to prepare it for the back fluting and for it to be blended into the shape of the neck a little bit later on.
For me it is important to also start the fluting of the turns, the fluting of the front and back and the chamfer. It does produce a better scroll when these area are all worked on at once, but that means doing a lot of juggling and it's hard going for the brains !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire